New Profile Posts

1. Community Admin
    Community Admin Steven M27
  2. Steven M27
    Steven M27
    Please assist with light placement?
  3. Domenick J Dellino
    Domenick J Dellino
    can i connect my AZAL-SPKIT1 (12v) lights to my 100W transformer (it seems to have only 15v connectors)?
  4. RRR
    RRR
    3 new Saltydog pond lights with 4W LED bulbs. Have 12V low voltage transformer max 50W. Shows overload shut down immediately.No shortages.?
    1. Community Admin
      Community Admin
      Sorry for the delayed response - these profile posts are not easily visible. Typically you want to post questions like this in the 'Ask' category.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend calling one of our live experts at (813) 978-3700 for direct troubleshooting help - this way we can get all the specifics to see what might be causing this.
      Sep 3, 2021
    2. Community Admin
      Community Admin
      From what you posted, its difficult to tell. Is the transformer 12V AC w/ a magnetic core? If it is an older unit, this could be worth troubleshooting.

Do the fixtures consistently turn back on? No burnt out bulbs from a faulty wire connection under water? If so, I'd stress checking the transformer and connections at/around the transformer.
      Sep 3, 2021
  5. Neeraj
    Neeraj
    I bought VLt Lndscp Lt 9-piece Path,Area Light Kit from Cosco 6spot+3path.Exp to 4 more spot .Can I add 4 more area light with a extra hub
    1. Community Admin
      Community Admin
      Hey Neeraj, with the 150W transformer in that kit, you have about 80 watts of remaining space to add additional lights (this is with all of the pre-provided lights in the kit being used).
      Aug 11, 2020
  6. Neeraj
  7. Edward Hammitt
    Edward Hammitt
    New lighting novice
  8. TomCon
    TomCon
    Big project planned
  9. Perry
    Perry
    Is it possible to run two separate circuits, one on a photocell and one switched, with a single transformer?
  10. Susan
    Susan
    I have a photo but need to figure out how to attach here.
  11. Susan
    Susan
    I’m wanting to add some spotlights on my house. What product would you recommend and positioning?
    1. Community Admin likes this.
    2. Community Admin
      Community Admin
      Hey Susan,

We have a lot of spotlights to choose from so, it really comes down to personal preference. I can provide more info in a different area. To answer your other post as well, you can post photos and more content in general in a forum post; this thread is essentially like a profile 'wall' on Facebook and is limiting.
      Nov 5, 2019
  12. Julie
    Julie
    How do I know what size transformer to get? Would I just add up the Watts of the bulbs to know?
    1. Community Admin
      Community Admin
      That's correct! You start by adding up the total wattage of all of your lights. With that number in hand, you'll want to keep in mind that we recommend no more than 80% of a transformers capacity be used. So, if you had 140W of lights, a 150W transformer would not be recommended; you'd need a 300W for safe operation which would also allow for expanding in the future if desired.
      Oct 21, 2019
      MHlady likes this.
  13. Lee
    Lee
    What size 12 volt system transformer do I need to support up to approximately 30 lights?
    1. Community Admin
      Community Admin
      Hey there Lee,

The size of the transformer you'd need would ultimately be dependent on the total combined wattage of all the LED lights you will use. With that amount of lights, you will ATLEAST need a 150W transformer - possibly a 300W depending on the actual power consumption. Also, when deciding, keep in mind that we always recommend no more than 80% of a unit's maximum capacity be consumed as well.
      Sep 3, 2019
      MHlady and Mesodude like this.
  14. Community Admin
    Community Admin David DiTullio
    Hey David,

I'm going to go ahead and direct message you through 'conversations' so that I can fit more characters in my response (the profile posts are different from private conversations or public forum posts). Also, for the best feedback, its usually best to post in the main area of the forum and maybe attach a single photo of your house from a distance!
  15. David DiTullio
    David DiTullio
    also will a 150 watt slim line transformer accommodate 6 well/spot lights and 6 (6in) hardscape wall lights?
  16. David DiTullio
    David DiTullio
    Want to do lighting project around pool. One side of pool has all natural stone rocks. I was thinking either well lights or Fat Boy spots?
  17. David DiTullio
  18. Community Admin
    Community Admin Stephen Massa
    A low-profile option would be (2) Salty Dog Integrated Well Lights. Exactly what to use and how to use it really depends on the effect you are trying to achieve and your personal budget. If you had any further product or installation related questions be sure to let me know! (2/2)
  19. Community Admin
    Community Admin Stephen Massa
    Hey Stephen,

With a tree of that size, for lighting from the base, you could consider using one Infiniti 60 spotlight on either side of the trunk (the 3rd generation offers slightly higher lumen output but, the G4s could also work). You could also consider using (2) 12V 10W LED floodlights at the base; the powerful, widespread light outputs would do well to illuminate both the trunk and the wide canopy. (1/2)
  20. Stephen Massa
    Stephen Massa
    How to best uplight a35 foot wide 25 ft high cherry tree