LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

We need help with lighting for front of our house.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by steve43040, Oct 23, 2020.

Share This Page

1. steve43040

steve43040 New Member

We have just added a flowerbed with stone wall. the wall sits on pavers to aid in mowing. Can you give us some suggestions on how to add lighting? Thanks. House..JPG Flower Bed..jpg Wall..JPG

2. steve43040

steve43040 New Member

Additional Picture ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We also have a fountain in front of our porch

Attached Files:

3. Nightstalkerusmc

Nightstalkerusmc New Member

I have a similar set up, used 3watt path lights. I got the shorter 12 inch lights, but also got the telescoping stems to add height when things get taller or snow arrives. They are spaced about 9 feet apart

Attached Files:

Mesodude2 likes this.
  4. steve43040

steve43040 New Member

Thank you for your great suggestions

5. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

@Nightstalkerusmc - Brilliant idea using the telescoping risers to account for snowfall!

@steve43040 - I attached a photo to help illustrate some general recommendations for fixture placement. Essentially, uplighting the columns and overall exterior with spotlights or in-ground lights, uplighting any of the small trees you desired, and adding some path lights along the walkway for beauty and functionality.

With the garage lanterns, it doesn't seem like you would desire more illumination in that direction but, if you did, an option to consider could be recessed puck lights in the exterior frame of the garage door or, a downlight mounted at the peak illuminating the siding of the house and driveaway below.

Attached Files:

• rec.png
      rec.png
      File size:
      146.2 KB
      Views: