LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Rotatable hardscape lights

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Greggski, May 29, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Greggski

Greggski New Member

I am installing these under the cap of a 36” tall driveway column. I am looking for suggestions on size, I cannot decide between 3”, 6”, or 12”. The column is 18” square, and I am looking for even, soft downlighting for asthetic purposes only. Will the 3” be too narrow to illuminate the width and height of the entire column? Is 12” overkill? Also, any idea on the lumen output for each size? Thanks in advance for your help...

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

I'd be happy to provide some insight!

From the scenario you've described and the subtle level of illumination you want, I would recommend the 6" Hardscape Light. The 12" or 18" may be a bit too bright for what you are looking for on the 36" tall column. The 3" model could also work and look beautiful; it has a 120-degree beam spread with the frosted lens to help disperse the light even more. I myself personally prefer a moderate level of illumination which is why I recommended the 6". The lumen counts for each of the fixtures are located under 'specifications'!