LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Recommend fixtures to accent stone wall

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Alex Kinsey, Feb 22, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Alex Kinsey

Alex Kinsey New Member

Hi all. Been studying this forum as I plan an installation and seek your recommendations as to how I should accent a stone wall along a sidewalk.

I have a new wall that is about 40" tall that runs along the front of the house with a 20" setback from the sidewalk. I'm looking for something that highlights the texture in the wall to create interest, but not something that lights up the wall for safety or security as there is plenty of existing lighting for that. The fixtures would have to fit among the existing plants. My bias is that less is more. And of course, I failed to incorporate hardscape lights into the design of the wall, so that ship has sailed.

What should i be considering? A couple of Top Dogs? Something more specialized? Thanks for all the help!

--Alex

Attached Files:

Evan K and Mesodude2 like this.
  2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Alex. I’d probably go with one of the Salty Dog well lights. The grated version offers decent glare protection and would show off the wall and uplight your plants. If you want to direct more of the light onto your wall and less on your plants, you could use the cowled version placed closer to the base of your wall. You could also use a few of the more compact spotlight models to light the walls.

https://www.voltlighting.com/shop/landscape-lighting/well-lights

Evan K likes this.
  3. Alex Kinsey

Alex Kinsey New Member

Thanks Meso. I'll play around with some designs.

--Alex

Evan K and Mesodude2 like this.