LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Pond fountain lighting

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Dansherman, May 17, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Dansherman

Dansherman New Member

Hello,
    I have a 1/2 HP pond fountain which had a 3 light kit that attached to the float. Is there a product you can recommend for replacing that? I'd like a 4 light kit spliced together with a 100 ft submersible power line to the shore. I saw the underwater lights but I am looking for something that does not need to be fully submerged. Thanks in advance!

Dan

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey there Dan,

Have you by chance seen our LED Pond Lights? Altogether, there are 3 miniature, LED spotlights in the kit. The lights themselves are not required to be fully submerged at all times for operation but, I would not recommend a completely dry installation because it would more than likely affect the longevity. It may be difficult to find 100ft of lead wire in a low-voltage underwater fixture but, with low-voltage, it is simple to splice/add-on additional wire. Essentially you could use a submersible splice kit to add enough low-voltage cable to reach the shoreline.

3. Dansherman

Dansherman New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know that those lights will be bright enough. It is a large lake fountain that I need to illuminate. I was looking at the Salty Dog lights

4. Evan K

Understood! It may also be a bit difficult to spread them out evenly around a large fountain.

Our Salty Dog lights are also not required to be fully submerged at all times. But, I would still recommend against a completely dry install. A single integrated Salty Dog will output about 650 lumens (double the pond lights) or, if you went with a lamp-ready Salty Dog you could get some customization options with the light output. The Salty Dog line altogether is actually one of the only IP68 rated on the market (dust & watertight).

5. Dansherman

Dansherman New Member

Great! Can I order 4 of them spliced together?

6. Evan K

We do not make custom splices for those lights like you see with the underwater pond lights. Each of the Salty Dogs will come with their own lead wire to splice into the main run from the transformer that would either circle the fountain or be centralized under it. The lead wires do come pre-cut and prepared for splicing/connecting.