LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Pathway lights blinking on and off

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by nick77, Jun 17, 2019.

Share This Page

1. nick77

nick77 New Member

I have several path lights that will turn off for about 30 seconds and then come back on. It does not happen in regular intervals and there are spotlights lights on the same run that never turn off. I have checked the bulbs and connections. 300W transformer with only 8 lights. Any help is appreciated.

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Nick,

If these lights are all controlled via the same 300W transformer/timer control and the spotlights 'never turn off', this would lead me to believe the issue you are experiencing must be related to either the wire connections or how the bulbs are seated in the path lights. Because the spotlights are working, we know the transformer and timer control work. Are all of the path lights behind the last spotlight on the same run? Or, are they scattered along this run? I would recommend rechecking your wire connections, starting with wherever the issue starts and then make sure the pins on the bulbs are making good contact with the receptacle (checking to see if they may have accidentally been bent during install).