LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

New Design Help and what Fixtures to use.

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Sonny Markovski, May 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Sonny Markovski

Sonny Markovski New Member

hello guys, i need some help figuring out what products to use to uplight the house, thanks. IMG_20200519_112105.jpg IMG_20200519_112143.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Sonny. Terrific house there! Please see my diagram of your photo for my recommendations. I've tried to highlight as many remarkable features of your house as possible with my approach. Mini spotlights (yellow), regular spotlights (blue), and flood (red) are my suggestions. Choose any basic spotlight in your budget. Honestly, all of these fixtures are very high quality, IMO. In general, what you're getting as you spend more is greater control of your glare guard and more precise beam adjustment. Several of the most expensive spotlights offer higher brightness (for especially tall architecture and landscape features). Due to the darker color pallette of your house, I'd go a bit higher in brightness than I usually recommend. I think 3W spotlights should be bright enough on the dark grey without making the lighter grey appear overly lit. A small flood light called the mini Splash should work great on that low brick wall. Perhaps side lighting those a couple of those smaller trees. A mini spotlight for that young tree in the forefront, I think would accent the center of your yard well. And 4-5 path lights on alternating sides of the main path would show off the foundation plantings and give your overall lighting plan more dimension. Hope this helps to get you off to a decent start.

dark grey house.jpg

Evan K likes this.