LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Need landscape lighting recommendations

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Michael C, Oct 25, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Michael C

Michael C New Member

What are your suggestions for installing lighting for the house- was looking at gentle splash brass floodlights for the wall?. Was also looking to install path lighting but Not sure of placement and recommendations house pic.jpg House pic 2.jpg

Evan K and Mesodude2 like this.
  2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Michael. I've diagrammed your pics to suggest one possible approach. Since they project a broad beam of light, floodlights are better suited for broad swaths of walls or large trees or other large areas of foliage. To highlight regions of the facade of your house, you'll probably want to use directional lights. Pretty much any of the spotlights/uplights (I wouldn't use a beam spread wider than 38°) should be fine for the stonework and siding. I would recommend either puck lights above each column or uplights below each column. I couldn't get a good overall sense of the layout of your walkway but I indicated a couple of places where I might put a path light. Bear in mind that if you use the puck light approach, you just might find that they provide adequate lighting for the path. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Michael C and Evan K like this.
  3. Michael C

Michael C New Member

Thanks, on the picture there were two marks for the second floor shining up towards the roof. Was this a recommendation for puck lighting too? I never thought of puck lights in these applications other than on a hard-scape wall. Thanks again, as this forum is great for ideas and collaboration with experts in the field and the pro's at volt.

4. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Michael. Those “V” marks indicate directional lights. Unlike puck lights, up lights (I’d recommend All Star minis here) will give you greater control of your beam spread.