LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Need assistance/recommendation for front of home lighting placement

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by nujer99, Apr 27, 2019.

Share This Page

1. nujer99

nujer99 New Member

House1.jpg
    Have a Starter 9 Kit on the way and was hoping to get some recommendations on placement of the spotlights. I understand they should be placed at least a foot away from the house foundation but with the bump out features on the house I wasn't sure where ideal placement would be and also wanted to figure out if I may need a few additional spotlights. I also would like to know if it would be alright to not light the second floor. I think it would be a difficult task to accomplish at this point but don't want to install the ground spotlights and not have things look right.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey there,

Gorgeous home you have! I took the liberty of attaching a photo with some recommendations of where you could use the fixtures from your Kit.

With your style of home, it appears that light from spotlights on the ground floor would also somewhat illuminate the second story. So, I wouldn't stress about the thought of gutter mounted lights; I wouldn't say that they are necessary for your home. The spots I've marked are just recommendations; if you may think there is already enough illumination around your front door, then you could relocate those 2 path lights to somewhere they may be better off like along the driveway or leading a path to your backyard. Also, for the spotlights on the ends, you could choose to illuminate either the corners of your home or those small decorative bushes.

Attached Files:

3. nujer99

nujer99 New Member

Thank for the suggestion Evan. I really appreciate the support.

Evan K likes this.
  4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

My pleasure! Let me know if you have any more questions.