LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Looking for ideas

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Ryandh3, Dec 31, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Ryandh3

Ryandh3 New Member

I recently submitted a discussion in the forum requesting assistance for my backyard; however, I think my front yard is now my priority. Is their a way I can get your feedback. My front garage lights are more of a pure white and would like to match that same color scheme. Please let me know your thoughts.

Attached Files:

Evan K likes this.
  2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Ryandh3. Please see my diagram of one of your photos for one possible approach. My recommendations are based on the assumption that you're not going to be keeping all of those shrubs hugging the foundation in place. To uplight the walls in the way that I would normally recommend will be extremely difficult if not impossible. So basically I'd recommend that you down light the house using either or some combination of puck lights or hardscape lights underneath the eaves. I've indicated that I'd uplight that tree on the left side of the house and perhaps place a path light on the ground as you enter the walkway. If you are planning to change the landscaping in some significant way, I'm happy to offer additional suggestions.

Attached Files:

Evan K likes this.
  3. Ryandh3

Ryandh3 New Member

I like the thought of like under the eaves. I almost went the route of putting an led strip under the eaves the whole length of the house. Now is their a way to send me the links or item numbersof each item you think I need including the size of transformer. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it

Evan K likes this.
  4. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

I can point you in the right direction. Although some of the deck light fixtures could work, rotatable hardscape lights and/or the puck lights are the ones you’d more likely want for your project. Unless you’re planning to mount dozens of these, it’s hard for me to imagine you needing a transformer larger than 150W.

https://www.voltlighting.com/shop/landscape-lighting/deck-lights

Evan K likes this.