LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting for patio and pool area

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by jr5k, Jun 4, 2020.

Share This Page

1. jr5k

jr5k New Member

Hi:

I would like to install low voltage landscape lighting around my pool area. I have a few spot lights and the internal pool lights but that is pretty much it. I was wondering if I could get some direction/ a list of products to consider to light up the areas. I have attached some pictures of the pool and patio. The patio is a “raised“ patio with an 18 inch wide planting bed. The patio is about 3 feet higher than the pool deck. Thank you.

Jamie

Attached Files:

Mesodude2 likes this.
  2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

I'd be happy to help with some general recommendations - I've attached photos to help illustrate some suggestions.

Photo 1 - A common and popular combination of path lights and floodlights around the perimeter of the pool/patio would do well to highlight all of the surrounding garden beds while also providing functional illumination in the yard and living spaces. A popular floodlight to consider would be the Gentle Splash Cast Brass Flood Light & Wall Wash - our most popular path light is the Max Spread Brass Path & Area Light but, any one of our classic styles could really work.

Photo 2 - Hardscape lights on the columns next to the steps would highlight the texture of the stones beautifully and provide illumination for the steps; a popular option would be the Rotatable Undercover Hardscape Light. Another combination of Path lights and floodlights could also do well to illuminate the garden beds beneath the steps and provide further illumination for the tables/living spaces.

Photo 3 - Path lights again would do well to highlight the surrounding areas/garden beds - we do have many different styles if you were interested in more decorative path lights in certain areas. Floodlights or spotlights could be used to accent any of the small trees within these garden beds. If you wanted to illuminate the wide canopies that are part of that privacy hedge, you'd likely want to consider a flood light with a brighter output due to how wide & lush those trees are - a popular floodlight for application where more brightness is desired is the 12V 7W LED Flood Light

Attached Files:

Mesodude2 likes this.