LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Lighting a back porch and patio

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Brian Lennon, Aug 29, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Brian Lennon

Brian Lennon New Member

Hi all,

I did an installation of Volt landscape lighting on the front of our house 4 years ago, and could not be more pleased with the quality of the product. Minus having to replace 2 bulbs in this time, it has required absolutely zero maintenance!

We are putting the finishing touches on a screened porch and patio addition, and I'd like to share several images and see if anyone has some good ideas on how to light this addition. Initial thoughts are to use path lighting around the patio area, and perhaps add some up lighting on the magnolias, but I'm open for ideas. I've included a picture of the front lighting of the house for reference. I also included one picture from the screened porch with the recessed lighting turned on. (hopefully linking to a Google Photos album works!) I'm only interested in installing solid brass fixtures since they have been bulletproof.

https://goo.gl/photos/M3un6FJEcye8U4Vb7

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Brian

Attached Files:

2. Sparrott4

Sparrott4 Guest

Many ways to go, In addition to uplighting the trees with LED Spotlights, It would be nice use a downlight like the Woodsman to project onto the patio through the branches and leaves - for a moonlight effect. As you mention, path lights placed strategically around the patio would work, but consider the 2-in-1 Tiki-Brass Torch Lights - for an exotic relaxing atmosphere.

[​IMG]