LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Join the new facebook group!

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Nathan Ellis, Jun 27, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Nathan Ellis

Nathan Ellis New Member

In no way is the group affiliated with VOLT Landscape Lighting.

I created a facebook group called "Volt lighting DIY'ers. Simply search for it, and you will find it!
    This idea came about when I was trying to figure out what fixtures I wanted as a first time Volt customer. Although Evan (Forumn staff member) was extremely helpful, I think this can be another tool to help first time users and experience users see what different fixtures are capable of in different applications!
    My goal is for Volt users to post pictures of their setups with detailed information on what fixtures, color temp, degree, wattage, ect... was used and where.
    Both pictures and description are key for making this work! Volt has great tools like product videos, forumn, galleries to use.... however I'm sure there are others like myself that would like to actually see what the fixture looks like illuminated and then also the specs on that fixture.
    So for example you post a picture of your house illuminated and then add something like....

Flower bed left to right
    - mini all star
    - placed 2 ft from foundation
    - 15 degree
    - 3 watt

- max spread area light
    - placed 5 ft from foundation
    - 3 watt

10 ft maple tree center of yard
    - all star
    -38 degree
    - placed 6ft from trunk
    - 4 watt

And so on....

Evan, I hope this is allowed. In no way am I trying to step on anyone's toes. Just thought it was a way for Volt DIY'ers to learn from one another on a well known platform such as facebook.

Mesodude likes this.
  2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Nathan,

This is a great idea! I went ahead and sent you a PM so that we can discuss further.

Nathan Ellis likes this.
  3. Nathan Ellis

Nathan Ellis New Member

Evan,
    That's what I was thinking as well! It may take some time to take off, atleast till people realize it's out there and available! I didnt see a PM from you, but I'd be glad to speak further on this. Just shoot me a message!

Thanks Evan!

4. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Nathan,

Apologies as I was unavailable for a few days! If you navigate to the selection panel directly to the left of the VOLT logo at the top of this webpage and click it, you should see a drop down and a section titled 'conversations'.