LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Install question

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Ian H, Dec 7, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Ian H

Ian H New Member

Can I run an extension of my home run line from a Pro Junction Hub? I have a 14/2 home run line running to a Pro Junction Hub (46' away from transformer), with 2 light fixtures connected to it. I want to connect 2 more lights to the Hub, so I thought about connecting another 14/2 wire and running it most of the distance to the additional fixtures (about 22 extra feet). The furthest of the 2 additional fixtures would be about 86 feet away from the transformer). I have 3 separate home run lines running from the transformer and am well within the 80% wattage guidelines. I have a 150w transformer. All Volt products. Hopefully I have provided enough information for some advice and I am making sense in my question. Thank you in advance!

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Ian,

Great question.

For runs off of a pro junction hub, we typically recommend no longer than 25ft (which is why we sell this as our longest "hub ready" lead wire option with most fixtures). Although the input voltage ranges for LEDs are quite flexible and you could likely push this slightly beyond 25ft, it can lead to voltage issues.

We would definitely not recommend an 86ft run off a hub; at this distance we'd recommend a direct run from the transformer if there is not another main line nearby. 22ft is within the recommend threshold if that is the distance from the hub for the first fixture.