LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

House Lighting Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Todd, May 9, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Todd

Todd New Member

Hello, I am looking to add some landscape lighting to the front and side of my house. Could you please provide some recommendations for the layout and quantity of lights? The transformer will be placed on the right side by the garage with low voltage wire running around the front and to the porch side - not sure if that matters......

I truly appreciate the help

house3.jpg house4.jpg

2. Todd

Todd New Member

An additional image if it helps

house1.jpg

3. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Todd,

I'd be happy to help with some general recommendations. Is there anything in particular you are looking to accomplish? Or, maybe a particular type of light you prefer/want to avoid?

4. Todd

Todd New Member

Thank you, I am looking to light up the front of the house. I’m thinking path lights and some up lighting for the trees/bushes and to wash the house. Hope this makes sense?

5. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Understood. I took the liberty of attaching some photos to illustrate spots where you could install path lights and spotlights.

Path lights would help to provide illumination for the walkway up to the front door and provide subtle illumination over the flowerbeds as well. Spotlights could be used on all of the trees and also directly on your home. Wider beam spreads should be used for larger trees with wide canopies or wide areas of open wall and the same logic applies for narrow beam spreads and narrow objects/areas. To get some light on the second story, you could mount the spotlights using gutter mounts.

If you have any more questions about your project or any product specific ones, don't hesitate to ask or call!

Attached Files: