LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Help lighting gables

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Bob Huscher, Jun 22, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Bob Huscher

Bob Huscher New Member

I'm looking for help on how to light the 2 gable ends of our house. See attached photo. We would prefer not to attach anything directly to the house. I assume we would want 2 lights shining up each corner of the left side of the house and a spotlight on the gable. And then the same on the garage side and a spotlight on the gable. Let me know what would be the best way to light the left side and the garage side.

Notice the awnings above the garage and above the windows on the left side. I think we would have to place the spotlight farther away so the awnings don't block the light.

Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

When you say you don’t want to attach anything, I’m assuming you mean you don’t want to surface mount any fixtures. If so, your only other choice for the gables is gutter mounting your lights. If I were lighting my gables, my approach would be something like I’ve diagrammed here on your photo. A single spotlight at a corner of each gable would work fine as well.

E37D3ABA-7CE2-4D00-B104-809E99C93A99.jpeg