LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Help/Ideas for front of house lighting

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by Jason R, May 18, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Jason R

Jason R New Member

Okay experts, looking for advice on lighting my new home. Specifically, looking for uplighting ideas and perhaps path/area lights. Would prefer NOT to use any soffit mounted or gutter mounted fixtures if possible.

New construction with basic contractor grade landscaping/shrubs out front at this point.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Mesodude2

Mesodude2 Well-Known Member

Hi, Jason. If lighting upper floors isn’t a priority or an option, I might light the house in the manner I’ve indicated in my diagram of your photo here. Note that because your steps span the width between your porch columns, you’d probably have to use risers or extensions to position your fixtures so that they illuminate the columns effectively. When windows fill most of a home’s facade, I usually advise people to illuminate such large sections indirectly by uplighting trees, shrubs or other garden features in front of those areas. IMG_0894 3.jpg

Evan K likes this.
  3. Jason R

Jason R New Member

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Mesodude2 likes this.
  4. Gregg

Gregg New Member

Would you recommend Spot Lights or something like the Cast Brass Round Wall Wash Lights for lighting those areas between the windows on the Left Side of the house. I have a similar configuration of large windows on the front of my house and I am not sure which style of lights would best light these types of areas. I would like to light the areas of brick to the left of the sides of the windows as well as the brick areas above the windows on the Left of the house as well as the ones in the center of the house. Thank you.

Attached Files: