LANDSCAPE LIGHTING WORLD® FORUMS

Front Lighting Project

Discussion in 'Ask the Landscape Lighting Experts' started by JeffL, Nov 6, 2020.

Share This Page

1. JeffL

JeffL New Member

I'm looking for some guidance on types and where to place light fixtures. I have looked at the kits and thinking that would be a good start but not sure if I would need different lights from what is included. Are the up lights included in the kit variable where you can change the angle or depth of throw? I'm thinking up lights on the house should be different than up lights on the trees.

Attached Files:

2. Evan K

Evan K Community Admin Staff Member

Hey Jeff,

Kits are highly popular and always a great option for a one-click purchase that can easily add ambiance, beauty and functionality. A great feature of our kits is that we size the transformers to allow for the addition of lights in the future if a homeowner ever wanted to expand as well. Whether or not to use a kit would come down to personal preference really - basically whether or not you've determined the goal(s) of your project and know a kit will accomplish it, or you'll ultimately need more fixtures than a kit offers and would rather piece together your own custom fixtures.

I attached a photo to help illustrate some recommendations for fixture placement. Essentially a combination of path and spotlights to illuminate the front portion of the home and also some of the landscaping. If you wanted to add more fixtures to illuminate all of the columns or target more of the small trees or garden bed, that could be an option as well. I'd be happy to make some more precise fixture recommendations as well if you needed them when you have your applications more finalized!

Attached Files:

• rec.png
      rec.png
      File size:
      479.6 KB
      Views:
  3. JeffL

JeffL New Member

Thanks Evan! Your layout looks like what I imagined. Can you help me choose which up lights I should use in each location?